30 November 2009

Vintage Holiday Wishes (FTU)

(Click on image to see full-size version)

Vintage Holiday Wishes 

This tutorial was written by me on November 30th, 2009.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

PSP Version used: PSP X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions. 

Tools Needed 

Scrap Kit of choice: I used a beautiful FTU kit from Lynne at Baby Cakes Scraps called "December Gift".  I love the colours in this kit!  Download from her blog HERE.

Tube of choice: I'm using the beautiful art of Marco Guaglione with a valid license.  This tube was part of the 2009 Christmas gift package sent to all MPT customers.  Thanks so much to all the wonderful artists and staff at MPT!

Font of choice, I'm using MsMadi

Plug-in needed: Eye Candy Impact, Gradient Glow.

Ready ... set ... go!

This is an easy-peasy one!

Open a new image, 700 x 700, white background.  We'll resize later.

From the scrap kit, open the decorated wreath.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using your freehand selection tool, draw around the middle of the wreath.

Open a paper of choice, resize if desired, copy and paste as a new layer.  Move below the wreath.  Selections > Invert > Delete

Add a drop shadow to the wreath.  I used H&V 0, Opacity 70, Blur 3.

Highlight wreath layer, right click and Merge > Merge Down

Open your tube, resize if needed (I resized 90%), copy and paste as a new layer.  Move to the right side of the wreath.  Add a drop shadow of choice.

Using a font of choice, write something seasonal (I wrote "Happy Holidays") and center it in the middle of your wreath.  Drop shadow.

From the kit, open the green swirl.  Resize 70%, then 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move below the wreath on the left side.  See my tag for placement.  Duplicate this layer, then Image > Mirror > Image > Flip.  Move into place at the top right.  Merge the two green swirl layers together.  Drop shadow.

Open stars, resize 60%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move below the green swirls layer, place where you like at the top of the tag.

Duplicate layer, Image > Mirror and move down, place where you like.  Drop shadow.

Now add your name and the gradient glow effect (see my Shop Til You Drop tut for settings.)  Use a colour that compliments the kit or your tube, I used #88511e for the font and #f9d49c for the glow.  Drop shadow.

Add all applicable copyright and license information.  Now hide your background layer and activate your crop tool.  Click the Merged Opaque button located on the top menu bar and then click the green check mark.  This gets rid of all the excess canvas.  I found this cropped my tag down to a size I was happy with, but you can resize more if you wish.

Now save as a jpg or png and you're done!  Told you it was easy!  ;-)

Hugs, Carol

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol I am about to do your tut. This is so pretty. Thank you so much. I like the scrapkit you are using with this. Makes it look like fall and winter mixed together. Hugs, Dottiemaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comments Dottiemaye! I really appreciate you taking the time to post, it makes me want to keep writing tuts when I hear that people are enjoying them!

    Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket